Are you interested in inspecting this property?
Get in touch to request an inspection.
Character Maisonette on Generous Allotment
- 2 Beds
- 1 Bath
- 1 Car
Sited on a generous allotment with a rear lane way providing valuable access to vehicle accommodation, this Waterfall Austerity Art Deco Maisonette offers a unique opportunity to secure a desirable renovated character residence, set amongst other similar quality homes in a quiet tree lined street, perfect for those starting out, downscaling, young families or a great investment in heritage architecture.
A white picket fence and sweeping lawns highlight the sandstone frontage, where art deco features provide a stylish street appeal. Polished jarrah floor boards welcome us as we enter, flowing throughout the home where art deco ceiling roses, picture rails and cornices provide the character attributes. A generous living room boasts the original fireplace complete with pressed tin feature surrounds and ornate timber mantle.
A modern kitchen with skylight overhead offers a bright second living area. Crisp white cabinetry, timber benchtops, subway tiled splashbacks and modern tapware combine with the original pantry and a side by side' oven and cooktop to produce a pleasant space for your daily lifestyle.
Both bedrooms are of double proportion with abundant character features continuing the trademark art deco theme. Split system air conditioners in both bedrooms and the living room will keep the temperature comfortable while a built-in robe in bedroom 2 adds to the appeal.
A clever utility room provides a space for an under bench washing machine with bathroom and toilet adjacent. The bathroom is bright and pleasing with subway tiled walls, shower over bath and an upgraded vanity.
Step outside and entertain alfresco style under a large and high verandah with paved flooring. Cook up a barbeque with family and friends as the kids play on a generous lawned rear yard. Rear access to an oversize single garage is a bonus, plus there is plenty of garden space for the aspiring green thumb.
Features at a glance:
- 2 bedroom character maisonette on generous allotment
- Waterfall Austerity, Art Deco construction with modern upgrades to amenities
- Jarrah floor boards, art deco ceiling roses, picture rails and cornices throughout the main home
- Both bedrooms of double size with split system air conditioners
- Large lounge with split system air conditioner and character fire place
- Generous eat-in kitchen with skylight
- Kitchen features crisp white cabinetry, timber benchtops, subway tiled splashbacks and modern tapware plus original pantry & side by side' oven and cooktop
- Handy utility area with trough & under bench washing machine space
- Bright bathroom with subway tiled walls, shower over bath & upgraded vanity
- Entry porch to lounge plus 2nd side entrance to hallway
- High & wide outdoor living verandah with paved flooring
- 3.15m high verandah overlooking lawn covered rear yard
- Oversize single garage with rear laneway access
- Established lawn, plants and trees
- Large front yard with white picket fence street frontage
- 3.07m ceilings
Perfectly located within easy reach of the city and the beach, with all desirable urban amenities close at hand. Welland Plaza is just down the road for your grocery requirements with Arndale Central also available for shopping and entertainment, plus the numerous speciality shops on Port Road are at your disposal, along with public transport.
Woodville High and Woodville Primary Schools are close by with Flinders Park Primary and Pennington Primary also in the local area.
Inspection of this quality character residence will certainly impress.
8 Park Street South
- Air Conditioning
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close To Schools
- Close To Shops
- Close To Transport
420m² / 0.1 acres
1 garage space
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.