Federation Style Sandstone Fronted Maisonette
Step through the front gate of this classic sandstone fronted maisonette and be captivated by the magnetic appeal of craftsmanship from a bygone era. Ornate lace work enhances the bull nose verandah while archetypal brick quoin work and a federation dutch gable invite us into the home.
A four panel timber door direct from the era has leadlight windows to the side and above, highlighted by the polished timber floor boards of the entrance hall. Lofty 3.5m ceilings and a feature archway combine to produce a heritage ambience that flows effortlessly throughout the home.
There are 3 bedrooms that all boast open fire places complete with the intricate design work that homes of status from the day demanded. Bedroom 1 has polished timber floors, with bedrooms 2 & 3 offering fresh carpet. The entrance hall opens out into a central lounge with polished timber floors and ornate ceiling rose and cornices. A fire place will allow for a comfortable winter ambience and a split system air conditioner will moderate the summer temperature.
A functional kitchen has space for a small table for light meals. A modern stove is an asset and a skylight over will keep the room bright and welcoming. A tiled bathroom has a bath and separate shower alcove with a modern vanity adding a contemporary appeal. A separate toilet and a lobby / laundry area complete the interior.
A spacious rear courtyard offers a timber framed pergola over a paved patio, great for entertaining in the more moderate months and a terrific place for a future upgraded outdoor area. A double garage has rear access from Rose Lane and incorporates a drive through to a carport, enabling 3 cars to be securely parked off street.
Features in brief:
* Sandstone fronted maisonette with brick feature quoin work
* Bull nose verandah with ornate iron lacework
* Federation style feature dutch gable
* Four panel timber entrance door with leadlight feature windows
* 3.5m ceilings to the original home
* Polished timber floors to hall, bed 1 and living rooms
* 3 Bedrooms, all with fireplaces
* Living room with fire place, split system air conditioner, ornate cornices plus ceiling rose and polished timber floor
* Functional kitchen with upgraded stove plus skylight over
* Tiled bathroom with bath, modern vanity and separate shower alcove
* Lobby / laundry with toilet adjacent
* Paved front and rear courtyards
* Timber framed pergola to rear courtyard
* Double garage with rear access from Rose Lane
* Single carport
* High brush fence to the front courtyard for enhanced privacy
Perfectly located on the Adelaide Parklands urban fringe with easy access to both bus and tram transport, allowing easy access to the city and the sea. The Unley Swimming Centre is nearby, along with the Adelaide Showgrounds, the weekly Farmers Market and the Adelaide Parklands Belt. Choose to shop at Unley Shopping Centre or head into the Adelaide Central Market for all your grocery and fine food requirements. Local schools include Goodwood Primary School, Clarence Park Kindergarten, Black Forest Primary, Unley Primary and Walford Girls School, plus all the city schools and colleges are within easy reach.
Be sure to inspect this one!
Council | Unley
Zone | Residential Streetscape (Built Form)
Built | 1900
Land | 314sqm
Home | 123sqm
Council Rates | TBA
Water | TBA
ESL | TBA
Aaron DrogemullerThis was a fantastic experience, in an industry that has so many cowboys I am so lucky to have come across Jason and the team at Ray White. Jason is a good communicator with a great knowledge of the property market. I’d have no problems recommending him to friends, family and anyone else looking for excellent customer service.